Saturday, March 3, 2012

New Recipe

So I have been trying new recipes on Pinterest and have failed to post them so I am going to backtrack. The first recipe I tried was Chicken and Dumplings. If anybody knows me, they will know that I LOVE Chicken and Dumplings! It is one of my favorite foods! So when I found a crock pot recipe on Pinterest, I HAD to try it. I mean my favorite food AND in the CROCK POT? So easy! So here is the recipe:


Here’s the ingredients:
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons butter
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can chicken broth
1 onion diced (I used half of one)
1 tablespoon dried parsley
4 grands flaky refrigerator biscuits (I used five)
Put the chicken, butter, cream of chicken, chicken broth, parsley and onions in the crock pot and cook on high for four to six hours. Mine only needed five, and probably didn’t even need that much.
As the chicken cooks and gets tender, break it up with a spoon or fork, whatever.
Get your biscuits and cut them into nine pieces. I kind of rolled them into balls to ensure they stayed whole but it’s not necessary. Stir into chicken mixture and cook for another hour.
(The recipe says to cook for 30 minutes and my biscuits were not done at that point. One hour did the trick.)
That's it! It's Done!!!

The recipe is amazing and anyone that has reservations about biscuits as dumplings-DON'T!!! They tasted and had the same texture as the real ones made out of flour!


No comments:

Post a Comment